FACIS Data Supersource
How Organizations Harness
the Power of FACIS
Verisys FACIS (Fraud Abuse Control Information System) delivers 360-degree transparency on providers, staff, and entities for the organizations who hire, credential, refer, and reimburse for healthcare delivery such as retail pharmacies, telemedicine, staffing companies, health systems, payers, and pharmaceutical companies.
FACIS is the industry’s most comprehensive database consisting of primary content from federal and state sources for exclusions, sanctions, debarments, disciplinary actions, and adverse events against healthcare professionals and entities for all 868 taxonomies and all 56 U.S. states and jurisdictions. By contrast, other credentials verification organizations (CVO) limit their searches by license type or to one or a few states. With FACIS you get current and historical records nationwide for individuals and entities.
Verisys’ FACIS database of 10 million records identifies current and historical exclusions, debarments, sanctions, disciplinary actions, and adverse behaviors derived from more than 5,000 primary sources. Most healthcare delivery organizations screen and monitor providers against the OIG’s List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE); that’s only one of FACIS’ primary sources.
Using FACIS makes it easy to maintain regulatory compliance by identifying red-flag behaviors and trends for any individual you employ. With FACIS, organizations of any size can discover their true potential.
Here’s how FACIS delivers value at every stage of your provider data management process:
- Screening. Sanction and exclusion screening against FACIS is a powerful gatekeeping measure to prevent the hiring of individuals or engaging with entities that introduce unnecessary risk to your organization.
- Verifications. Verisys performs verification matches on possible matches to determine “true identity.” That means we employ a team of verification analysts who are specially trained to resolve false positives and verify matches using primary source data.
- Monitoring. Continuously monitoring your population adds a layer of security and makes ongoing compliance with regulations set by standard-setting bodies possible.
Every Data Set You Need
Assuring quality care to your patients and safeguarding your organization from fraud, waste, and abuse starts with data. Lots of data. FACIS draws from thousands of sources to give you maximum protection:
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- System for Award Management (SAM)
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Medicare and Medicaid Opt-Outs
- State Licensing Boards and Agencies
- And Thousands More…
- 5,600+ Total Sources
- 2,500+ State Sources
- OIG, SAM DEA, GSA, FDA
- FBI, PHS, ORI, DOJ, TRICARE
- Medicare opt out
- 94 District Courts
- 52 AG Sources
- 42 Heat Sources
- 38 Medicaid Sanctions
- 36 State Level Procurement