Verisys STANDS OUT
We provide healthcare and workforce management organizations with data and technology platforms that protect all stakeholders.
PROBLEMS? MEET SOLUTIONS.
- With Verisys as your Credentials Verification Organization (CVO), you have a powerful partner for governance, risk management, and compliance.
- Our proprietary database, Fraud Abuse Control Information System (FACIS) is the gold standard of current and historical data on exclusions, debarments, sanctions, and disciplinary actions.
- Verisys’ proven Provider Directory software addresses complex consumer and compliance demands.
- Our comprehensive provider Data Services programs drive meaningful, verifiable improvements in your data quality.
- Verisys’ Enrollment solutions streamline the application and attestation process so providers can request to become part of your network faster and with less hassle.
- Verisys’ leading-edge technology teams have transactional access to aggregated primary source data. VerisysConnect is a log-in accessed search portal for individual and batch searches and verifications. ProviderCheck is a transactional engine delivering real-time data analytics.
- Our Network Management solution accelerates onboarding, ensures compliance, and enhances provider touchpoints.
- We offer an added layer to current license verification with Verified License Search and Status, (VLSS) that reports on all licenses held in a provider’s professional career nationwide.
- CheckMedic is the comprehensive provider data management platform that streamlines provider credentialing and enrollment. The MedPass makes provider data available on the cloud for ease of access enterprise-wide.
Verisys’ mission is to empower healthcare organizations with data and technology.
THE STORY OF VERISYS
Verisys serves today’s complex provider and employer data management landscape.
JOHN O’SHAUGHNESSY AND DICK KUSSEROW FOUND GMS
John O’Shaughnessy, former assistant secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, and Dick Kusserow, former Inspector General of Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) created Government Management Services (GMS) in 1992 in Alexandria, Va. The goal was to create a database called Fraud Abuse Control Information System, FACIS® that tracks excluded and debarred medical providers. It aggregates current and historical records for a comprehensive, searchable database that streamlines governance, risk management, and compliance. FACIS is the fulfilled vision of a database that reduces fraud, waste, and abuse while contributing to the goal of healthcare to protect patients and deliver on the promise of optimal outcomes.
FACIS ENTERS MARKET
The Fraud Abuse Control Information system, FACIS started one record at a time. The team began collecting data from license boards, the Office of Inspector General, and other federal data publishers as paper records. The database was soon recognized as the gold standard for exclusion, debarment, sanction, and disciplinary action records. Collecting, digitizing, verifying, and aggregating the data one record at a time was time consuming and data storage was expensive in 1993 but the vision created what is FACIS today with 10 million records collected from thousands of primary source publishers.
JOHN BENSON JOINS AND REBRANDS GMS AS VERISYS
John Benson and John O’Shaughnessy secured the name and URL Verisys: Verification System. Benson developed data technology systems that could match data records to individuals with great accuracy.
VERISYS ACHIEVES CVO STATUS
Verisys earned certification from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and accreditation from the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC).
VERISYS OPENS OFFICES IN UTAH
Utah was selected as the technology center for Verisys. We began hiring teams of data specialists, software developers, information technology engineers, and dedicated customer service individuals. That team designed SaaS products to revolutionize the provider credentialing process.
VERISYS ACQUIRES REFERENCE PRO™Verisys brought on ReferencePro as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verisys. ReferencePro provides background screening companies with employment, education, and reference verification.
VERISYS RELEASES PROVIDERCHECK
Verisys rolled out ProviderCheck, a real-time transaction engine for prescriber status verification. The solution gives an instant pass/fail status on data points of a prescriber’s status.
Accreditrust™ Technologies LLC, is a next-gen technology company that delivers the efficiency of interoperability to issue, store, authorize, and consume portable and verified digital credentials for issuers, verifiers, employers, and credential holders. Accreditrust™ is transforming the digital credential ecosystem with its breakthrough credentials processing system, creating TrueCred™ digital credentials.
VERISYS RECEIVES GROWTH INVESTMENT
Verisys receives a growth investment from CEO John P. Benson, Spectrum Equity and Cressey & Company.
VERISYS MERGES WITH APERTURE HEALTHVerisys and Aperture Health merge and are acquired by Stone Point Capital. The combined companies create a powerful market leader in the credentialing, enrollment, and provider data management space. Aperture CEO Charlie Falcone became CEO of Verisys, while Verisys CEO, John Benson took on the role of board chairman. Aperture President Kymberly Eide became president of Verisys.
VERISYS ACQUIRES MED ADVANTAGE
Verisys acquired the Med Advantage Credentials Verification Organization business from Advantum Health.