Verisys Corporation Business Continuity Update
Dear Verisys Customers and Partners,
On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) officially declared COVID-19 a global pandemic. Although Verisys is not experiencing any direct impact, this communication is intended to inform you Verisys Corporation has triggered its business continuity procedures as a precautionary measure in light of the declaration.
Verisys Business Continuity and Contingency Plans adhere to NIST 800-34 guidelines, which include communication measures, remediation procedures, relocation and redundancy procedures, as well as impact and recovery planning in the event of a disaster, pandemic, or service interruption. Initial steps have been taken to assure adherence to the policies in place, related specifically to a pandemic scenario, in an effort to prevent any impact to customers and the delivery of Verisys products and services.
Verisys currently operates out of three separate operating centers, Verisys Headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia, Verisys Operations Center in South Jordan, Utah and Verisys Operations Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Each of these locations serves as an alternate operating office in the event of a disaster, with leaders working and operating out of each location. No offices or team members have, thus far, been affected by COVID-19, but to ensure we are prepared in the case of any such impact, we have taken a number of decisive actions, in accordance with the Verisys Pandemic Policy, to ensure continued timely delivery of products and services:
Verisys has already completed and activated all appropriate measures, in accordance with the World Health Organization declaration and CDC Guidance, and is prepared to take any necessary actions, moving forward, to protect the well-being of staff, as well as ensure delivery of products and services to customers and partners in the event of a pandemic impact. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, as it relates to the continuity of business processes for Verisys Corporation, please contact James Voss, VP of Customer Success (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your account manager.
- On March 7, 2020, Verisys implemented a closed-door policy including isolating locations from one another, limiting travel, limiting onsite meetings with outside resources or at client offices. As such, Verisys team members will be supporting clients and partners virtually through video conferencing, phone conferencing and electronic communications until the threat level has been reduced.
- On March 7, 2020, Verisys implemented a policy for personal travel, which requires a 14-day quarantine to those returning from CDC-designated high-risk areas across the United States and other countries worldwide.
- Beginning in March 2020, Verisys initiated ongoing staff education in accordance with published CDC Guidelines (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) and instituted enhanced hygienic procedures at all office sites.
- On March 10, 2020, Verisys enabled VPN access for all team members. In the event of pandemic impact to any Verisys location, all team members will be able to work from home and deliver products and services safely and securely, within the Verisys network.
- Verisys has implemented reasonable accommodations to support any team members with signs or symptoms of illness, including those with family members experiencing signs or symptoms of illness, to work from home and remain away from the office until fully recovered plus a post-recovery quarantine period of 14 days from the last sign of personal or familial illness.
The Verisys Team