July 8, 2020
Welcome to the Verisys Weekly Newsletter highlighting the COVID-19 regulatory updates between July 1 - 7, 2020.
Verisys' Compliance Team gathers information from a variety of state and federal sources and updates our COVID-19 Resource Page daily with those updates. We have compiled the most recent updates from the past week in this email to assist your organization in serving patients during the pandemic and maintaining compliance as you bring additional providers on board to serve on the frontlines.
1135 waivers: The following states submitted an additional 1135 waiver request to CMS. The approved waivers have been published by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Unless otherwise stated, all waivers are retroactively effective March 1, 2020.
New Mexico (approved 07/01/2020)
• Waive conditions of participation or conditions for coverage for existing providers for facilities for providing services in alternative settings, including using an unlicensed facility, if the provider’s licensed facility has been evacuated
• Temporarily allow payment for personal care services rendered by legally responsible individuals provided that the state makes a reasonable assessment that the caregiver is capable of rendering such services.
South Carolina (approved 07/07/2020)
• A face-to-face encounter does not need to be completed before the start of Home Health services can occur.
STATE BOARD REGULATIONS
Board of Pharmacy
07/01/2020: Maryland Department of Health has amended the directive and order regarding COVID-19 testing; Elective and Non-urgent Medical Procedures; Personal Protective Order Conservation; Hospital Contingency Plans; Off-Campus Hospital Facilities; and other healthcare matters.
Source: Amended Directive and Order
Board of Medicine
07/01/2020: Oregon Health Authority has released Oregon’s Federal Remdesivir Allocation: Patient Criteria and Hospital Distribution. This document provides background on remdesivir, outlines patient criteria, and specifies the process for hospital systems to request remdesivir from OHA.
Source: Oregon Health Authority
07/01/2020: TMB Extends Emergency Rule Related to Issuance of Prescriptions until 09/02/2020.
Source: Press Release
07/01/2020: Washington State Department of Health has released Interim COVID-19 Testing Guidance for Healthcare Providers.
Source: COVID-19 Testing Guidance
Board of Nursing
• The National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) is granting an extension for the certification. NBCRNA is sending renewed certifications for CRNAs who have a mailing address in MN to the MN Board of Nursing. In mid- July, NBCRNA will send certifications with an updated expiration date for MN CRNAs who have not renewed by 7/31/2020. It is the responsibility of each CRNA to ensure their certification has been received by 7/31/2020.
• CNP, CNS, and PA Granted Authority to Order Home Health Services
Source: Board of Nursing Newsletter
This information has been gathered from a variety of sources. Although Verisys has made every effort to provide complete, accurate and up-to-date information, Verisys makes no warranties, express or implied, or representations as to the accuracy or reliability of this information. The information is fluid and evolving. Verisys assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information contained in this resource.
The information contained in this newsletter comprises all the information that we have found during those dates. It may not constitute a complete list of every regulation instituted by every board during the last week.
The Verisys Team