July 16, 2020
Welcome to the Verisys Weekly Newsletter highlighting the COVID-19 regulatory updates between July 8 - 14, 2020.
Verisys' Compliance Team gathers information from a variety of state and federal sources and updates our COVID-19 Resource Page daily with those updates. We have compiled the most recent updates from the past week in this email to assist your organization in serving patients during the pandemic and maintaining compliance as you bring additional providers on board to serve on the frontlines.
1135 waivers: The following state(s) submitted an additional 1135 waiver request to CMS. The approved waivers have been published by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Unless otherwise stated, all waivers are retroactively effective March 1, 2020.
Arizona (approved 07/09/2020)
• Temporarily allow services to be provided in settings that have not been determined to meet the home and community-based settings criteria
STATE BOARD REGULATIONS
Board of Pharmacy
• Pharmacists will have until September 15, 2020 to renew the CPR certification.
• If a pharmacist received a provisional license or registration with an expiration date of August 31, 2020, they will need to submit fingerprints prior to their expiration date. Form S-100 KBI/FBI Criminal Background Check must be submitted with all fingerprints with the “TO BE COMPLETED BY THE FINGERPRINTING AGENCY” section filled out by the fingerprinting agency. Fingerprints received without a Form S-100 will not be processed.
Source: COVID-19 Information
• Professional certifications of individuals in basic life support, advanced cardiac life support, and first aid shall remain in effect, even if they are otherwise due to expire.
• The following has been temporarily suspended:
- An exam, to the extent that the exam’s administration has been canceled while the emergency declaration is in effect;
- Fingerprinting, to the extent that, in the judgment of the director of the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), locations to have fingerprints taken are substantially unavailable on account of closures arising from the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Continuing education.
Source: COVID-19 Information
Board of Medicine
07/10/2020: Statewide Postponement of Non-Urgent Surgeries and Procedures Requiring Hospitalization.
Source: State Health Officer’s Order
Board of Nursing
• A temporary license, certification, or registration may be issued for persons who were previously licensed by the State as long as the person was in good standing prior to the lapse of the license. Additionally, the license may not have been issued more than 5 years ago.
• A temporary aide authorization may be issued for persons who received minimum training within the nursing facility as set forth by KDADS.
• A temporary authorization may be issued for persons who were not previously licensed, certified, or registered by Kansas or any other state in the US.
• This Executive Order also amends Licensure of “Adult Care Homes.”
Source: Executive Order 20-56
07/13/2020: Enhanced protections for residents and staff of long-term care facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic - Rescission of Executive Order 2020-123.
Source: Executive Order 2020-148
This information has been gathered from a variety of sources. Although Verisys has made every effort to provide complete, accurate and up-to-date information, Verisys makes no warranties, express or implied, or representations as to the accuracy or reliability of this information. The information is fluid and evolving. Verisys assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information contained in this resource.
The information contained in this newsletter comprises all the information that we have found during those dates. It may not constitute a complete list of every regulation instituted by every board during the last week.
The Verisys Team