The Power of Work Teams
Part 5 of 6 – Tips from Craig’s Verification Tips on Staffing for The Art and Science of Verifications
Distributed Leadership Provides Mentoring and Motivation
If your verification department has more than 10 people, you should consider using work teams of 5 to 6 people each for these reasons:
- 1. Competition between teams makes the work more fun and interesting for the verifiers, and more efficient.
- 2. Assigning a leader and assistant leader to each team provides verifiers with ample assistance with giving them something to aspire to.
- 3. With two leaders driving team quality, you have no need for a centralized quality assurance that can become a bottleneck. And, you also have redundant coverage in the event one leader is out.
- 4. Smaller teams can more readily concentrate on specific customers and their unique requirements.
- Teams load balance the overall workload into more manageable pieces that the teams can complete in a day. It’s disheartening to work in an endless sea of orders. Verifiers need to have many small victories throughout the day.
- 5. Multiple teams also make it easier to stagger shifts and bookend the workday while doubling capacity during the peak midday volume period.
Craig Caddell, Vice President of CRA Solutions at ClearStar has authorized Verisys to repost Craig’s Verification Tips.
|Written by Craig Caddell
Vice President, Strategic Alliances at Lowers Risk Group
Connect with Craig on LinkedIn